I was searching for a suitable blog topic since long and could not find one, it went like – once i thought about one topic, but didn’t find suitable content to justify, one time got a story but did not find relevant facts required to complete it. Keeping some ideas in drafts, I was spending time with reading posts of people whom I follow. Reading is an appropriate replacement of writing. At least you are surrounded by words. This reading replacement of writing overwhelmed me (15 days ago, I am already 15 days late) when I read Ayansola’s post named The Liebster Award which stated how glad he was on nomination to an internet based award. The post described the award details and rules which included answering 11 questions that the fellow blogger who nominated you has asked and writing 11 facts about yourself. Amazed by the drill, I read through his post and his answers which revealed a bit of him and brought a smile to my face. And what further overwhelmed me was seeing my name in the list of people he nominated further for the award. Wow.
Ayansola is truly a wonderful blogger as he adds meaning to every sentence he writes and brings life to words. He is an inspiration for sure. He has been very supportive and encouraging through his comments on my blog. Do visit his blog Ayansola Ibukun , I am sure you would love his writings. Thanks a lot Ayansola for considering me eligible enough among the people you know to be deserving enough and thinking about me while thinking about people to nominate. It means a lot when this comes from such an amazing blogger.
Now if you think why am I so “overwhelmed” on a nomination only for an internet based award, I would like to mention that this is motivation for me when I have just started writing posts and seek support from fellow bloggers. This has boosted my confidence and instilled in me a sense of responsible ownership for my work.
A Little About This Award.
The Liebster Award is internet based and given by bloggers to fellow bloggers. The idea is to help connect with and support other bloggers.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and make them happy!
5. Make up to 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Notify your 11 nominees.
11 facts about myself –
1. I am from the versatile land of India.
2. I can speak, read and write in 3 languages – English, Hindi and Gujarati. Hindi and Gujarati are the vernacular languages.
3. I seek work for self satisfaction.
4. I am married to an amazing person and I am proud of my decision of choosing him, everyday.
5. I firmly believe in God but loosely on visiting temples to pray because I believe he is everywhere and I can pray from anywhere, anytime.
6. I believe in rising early, I was an early riser, though struggling with that too nowadays, but I am sure enough I will regain my strength to wake up early and maximize my morning time.
7. I am bad at marketing /sale tactics, but good at honesty and dedication.
8. I am a family oriented person and I am thankful to god for the wonderful family I have.
9. I am a chocolate addict. And am choosy with sweets. I need sugar to boost my moods, anytime.
10. I am a dancer and a teacher by heart.
11. I love reading. I am reading from various sources and getting references from people.
Now to answer 11 questions asked by Ayansola-
1.What makes you tick?
-Yet to prove my potential, and yet to justify my purpose of life.
2. Who is your favorite author?
– Nicholas Sparks for romantic novels and Robin Sharma for self help and positivity.
3. What’s your most memorable experience in recent times?
– Snorkeling at Phi Phi island. Being among those colorful fishes and watching the corals was the best experience in recent times.
4. Why did you decide to blog?
I decided to explore my potential. I love reading and thinking and so I am trying to put my thoughts to words. I want to reach mass through my words.
5. Where is the best place you’ll go for a vacation?
I have not been to many places so I don’t have any choice for best option. Any place will do..:)
6. Who are your first three most loved artistes?
My friend Shweta Ektare (Painter), My mother who made me what I am and me myself… I love Me!!
7. How do you find inspiration for your writings?
Applause and motivation from fellow bloggers, friends and family.
8. What’s your best meal?
Simple Indian meal, Roti (Chapati), Vegetable, Dal (Pulses)
9. What’s that one thing you can’t do without?
10. How best do you relax?
Sleep and dance, I know both are way different techniques, but its like I don’t get tired while dancing and I am not tired of sleeping as well.
11. What’s your favorite quote?
This is it. Thankyou for being with me all the way and patiently reading through my facts and answers!! Meanwhile, I’m supposed to nominate 11 bloggers for this award but I think I’ll pass on that.